ABC | L'Oréal
On October 17th, 2024 during the last day of the 34rd IFSCC Congress, the ABC - Brazilian Society of Cosmetology, supported by L’Oréal Research & Innovation will be hosting a “Sustainable Challenge”.
If you are a cosmetics and beauty innovator and have a sustainable technology, engineering, or design solution that meets the needs of responsible cosmetic, we invite you to this Challenge!
We are looking for tomorrow’s sustainable solutions! Meet cosmetic research stakeholders and reinforce your industrial network at IFSCC 2024.
Show the international cosmetic ecosystem your innovation in action. This is an opportunity to promote your work, suggest options and potentially find future partners for investment.
The Challenge will close for entries on June 30th.
This will be an informal, interactive, hands-on session, where finalists will have the opportunity to present their innovation and discuss in person with delegates visiting the area and convince the jury.
A panel of judges will select one entry to be the Challenge winner.
Terms And Conditions
Entrants should be available to attend the IFSCC Congress in Iguazu Falls, Brazil on October 14th.
The entry should have elements that can be demonstrated on the day - either using prototypes in a tabletop space* and ideally could be supported by a video or presentation.
1. The showcase competition is organized by the 34rd IFSCC Congress host society, the Associação Brasileira de Cosmetologia (ABC) and supported by L’Oréal Research & Innovation.
2. The competition is open to companies, academics and individuals with technologies or inventions relevant to the cosmetics and personal care industry with a sustainable benefit. i.e: natural sourcing, green formulation, process, improved environmental profile, water saver…
3. By entering the showcased challenge all participants and winners agree to the entry criteria.
4. The entries will be interpreted by the judges, decisions on shortlisting and winners will be final and binding.
5. The organizers reserve the right to amend, modify and change these rules and interpret the entries as they see fit.
6. By entering the showcase challenge, all participants and winners agree to have the legal capacity to enter the showcase and agree to the entry criteria.
7. The showcase challenge will start on May, 01st and close on June, 30th 2024. All entries must reach the organizers within the stipulated period.
8. Participants have the chance of winning an opportunity to attend the IFSCC Congress 2024 in Brazil on the day of the showcase and to present their entry to the judging panel in person.
*Innovations that are not suitable for tabletop space can be entered via other formats such as digital media. The entry should provide their own device to display and present the innovation.
8 Finalists will receive a day pass to the IFSCC Congress 2024 to present their Innovation Showcase (access to the exhibition area) and one announcement on IFSCC Brazil congress social media.
1 Winners will receive a one-year access to the Brazilian Association of Cosmetology (ABC) which give them also access to the IFSCC website, an additional post, winner announcement on IFSCC Brazil congress social media & a ticket for ISFCC 2025 in Cannes (France).
Requirement for selection:
A PowerPoint presentation of 7 slides maximum by company is required to register in the sustainability challenge.
The PowerPoint presentation should include:
A summary of the founders and size of the organization
The objectives of the product/technology as well as its originality (+visuals)
The level of development
The feasibility of the project
The next steps planned
Anonymous jury (consisting of 4 members) will have to visit each booth of the 8 finalists and rate them from 1 (best) to 8 each.
There will be one winner announced based on the jury’s classifications.